Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First blog, 30 days to go!

Well, even though I am still living at home in the H.Co, I though 30 days would be a good time to start writing.  I think I will maybe talk about my packing/moving progress as well as share some things maybe I have learned during the process.

I actually have had a really good time lately hanging out with the family.  I am trying to spend as much time with them as possible before I move.  I know it is only two hours away, but with all the expenses of living on your own it is going to be hard to come back home often.

Speaking of expenses.... o.m.g. I had no idea how expensive things can be! I guess it is ok when you split it two ways, but still.  There's no way I could afford to live by myself! And have you ever moved before? For 125 miles, Budget trucks cost $150+! And THEY don't even move it for you, you have to do all of the driving and all of the loading/unloading yourself. They make you think you are getting a deal by saying, "FREE UNLIMITED MILES" on the website, but if I'm not paying for the miles, what AM I paying for?? I suppose gas isn't included in that cost either. Oh well, I guess its that or no bed, love seat, bookcases, or patio furniture for us!

Also, I am trying to get my dog Bristol (or "Beetle") ready for the move too! Besides packing up her hairbows and winter coat (yes, my dog has a winter coat! [she's pure white and we would lose her in the snow]) we are also making sure she is in perfect health! She is actually going in tomorrow to get fixed so we don't have any little Beetles running around the tiny apartment! Trust me, that's the LAST thing we need!! Not only that, we are also getting her hair cut hopefully next week!
         PS, for those of you in Pittsboro, you should get your dog groomed by Kim. I honestly don't know her last name, but she is awesome with animals! She works from her home... If you are interested, I will get you in contact with her!! (and she's cheap!!)

ANYWAY, on April 16th I will be renting a Budget truck and taking all of our big items up to Fort Wayne.  Our lease starts -THIS MONDAY- so I am taking the following weekend off of work to move some stuff up there! We are also going to start painting then as well! Little Beetle is going to make that trip with me so that she can smell the place out and get at least a little familiar with it before we move for good in May. I wouldn't want to take her up with my in May and expect her to live in a place she has never seen/smelled before! Hopefully this will make it less stressful!

Well, we have a big day tomorrow, Bristol has to be at the vet in Danville at 8am! I wish I could explain to her what is going to happen to her. It makes me so sad to think how scared she is going to be. =[

Ok, well on THAT note.. Goodnight, friend (That was for my mom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment