Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Speaking of Expenses...

So in the last blog I posted, I was talking about how expensive everything is and how the cost of living is so ridiculous.  Thank you, TLC for helping me to find a way to cut back a little bit.

-EXTREME COUPONING-

I know, I know, we have all seen the show and we make fun of these people for buying 62 bottles of mustard just  because it ends up being free. But honestly... I actually admire them for this.  It is a SKILL. 

I have already decided I am going to try this.  Maybe I won't be so extreme about it (I will PROBABLY only get the things Brandon and I would actually use), but hey, if I can walk out of Kroger with a week's worth of groceries for $1.27, why WOULDN'T I do that?!

I figured out how they do it. 

First: go through local grocery ads and see what is on sale.

Next: look online at manufacturer coupons for the same items that are on sale.

Print off the coupons, use it with the sales in the store, and then use your customer card on top of that. You will save between 60 and 90%.

(...or so they say)

I, myself, have not tried this yet.  They say it takes hours to prepare for and I'm just not sure if I have the time.  BUT THEN AGAIN... If I can't find a full-time job when I move, then maybe I will have time to do this.  Plus if I don't have a full-time job, I probably SHOULD be couponing.


Well, if anyone reading this actually does this, let me know how you do it! Maybe I can start a club up in Fort Wayne where a bunch of people get together and clip coupons.  That'd be fun, right?! ........

No comments:

Post a Comment